January 8, 2009
16 reasons to drink green tea .
WHAT IS GREEN TEA ?
What exactly is the difference between green tea and the regular black tea you are used to ? Well, both come from the same plant (Camellia sinensis), but the difference lies in the processing Green tea is dried , but not fermented. The shorter processing time gives green tea a lighter flavour than black tea. It also helps keep all the beneficial chemicals intact, which is why green tea is so good for you . It tastes fresh,light,green or grassy. Some varities of green tea have a bit of a sweet taste to them and some may be little astringent (sharp) . Green tea is not usually served with milk or sugar, but you can decide yourself .
REASONS TO DRINK GREEN TEA:-
1. Beat cancer
2. Lower cholestrol (and raise HDL)
3. Lose weight
4. Keep cardio -vascular disease at bay
5. Prevent tooth decay
6. Increase bone mineral density
7. Boost immunity
8. Protect your skin
9. Keep diabetes away
10. Prevent hypertension
11. Protect your liver
12. Protect your memory
13. Fight the flu
14. Get some vitamin C
15. Maintain the fluid balance
16. Increase your exercise endurance
ADD SOME FLAVOUR WITH GREEN TEA .
* Brew green tea with thinly sliced ginger and lemon, or springs of spearmint. Add one teaspoon of honey per cup.
* Make a green tea chai by brewing green tea in hot vanilla soy milk and topping this with a dash each of cinnamon , black pepper, ginger and allspice .
* Heat apple and apricot juices together in a saucepan until boiling. Remove from heat and add a green tea bag. Steep for two minutes, then strain out the tea bags, Serve hot .
* Slice ginger root into thin slices and crush. Heat 1 quart of water and let tea steep with the ginger. Let steep over low heat for atleast 10 minutes. Strain out tea and ginger slices and add sugar. Let cool and serve over ice.”