February 22, 2009
21 Home remedies to prevent blackheads
It is good to have a flawless, smooth skin which makes you stand out in the crowd. But, stress, tension and pollution adversely affect the skin. Blackheads are one of the common skin problems of an oily skin which is triggered by these factors.
Scientifically blackheads are known as “open comedones”. It is a type of “acne vulgaris” and looks like a yellowish (whiteheads) or blackish (blackheads) bump on the skin. The excess oil which gets accumulated into sebaceous duct, results into the formation of blackheads. Dead skin, bacteria and dust worsen the condition and then black heads turn into black spots.
Blackheads can be seen on the area of skin which is dust prone. Major problem areas are those which are exposed to air like nose, forehead, chin, neck. One may also have blackheads on neck or back. It is very important to know the right way to prevent blackheads before they ruin your skin. Because the later stage of blackheads is acne.
Tips to prevent blackheads:-
1. Keep washing your face to remove the dirt and excess oil on the skin.
2. It is very important to keep your skin dust free and oil free.
3. If you have an oily skin, then use oil free cosmetics. You should avoid putting makeup on the face but if it is required then use water based makeup products. Skin too needs to breathe.
4. Don’t clog skin pores with cosmetics and dirt.
5. Always wash your face before going to bed.
6. Exercise regularly. As exercising improves the blood circulation and half of your skin problems will get solved.
7. Yoga, pranayam, meditation and breathing exercises are helpful.
8. One beauty regime you will have to follow is to have enough sleep.
9. Never squeeze blackheads as it will spread the infection. Don’t touch blackheads with nails, fingers.
10. Use scrub regularly to remove the deposited dead skin.
11. Use lukewarm water to wash your face as it helps opening the skin pores.
12. Drink lots of water as it keeps your skin hydrated as well as toxin free.
13. Keep your pillows and towels clean. If needed, keep them in boiled water after washing, for 1-2 minutes.
14. Apply paste of fuller’s earth with rose water on face. Do this twice to thrice a week. It will give you a bright as well as even complexion.
15. Wash your face with buttermilk.
16. Apply paste of cucumber peel on your face. It will refresh your skin. Orange peel powder is also useful.
17. Sandalwood does wonders for oily skin. Apply sandalwood paste in rose water.
18. Apply grape pulp on your skin and then wash away with lukewarm water. It is useful to maintain acid balance (PH) of the skin.
19. Use oatmeal and almond paste in rose water.
20. Though lemon is good for health, do not use in alone. Mix some lemon juice with the tomato juice and apply on the skin. Do this twice a day.
21. Once in a fortnight, your skin needs deep cleansing. This can be done by a professional beautician. In which, blackheads are removed after giving steam to the face.