September 23, 2009
How is Skin Cancer: A Deadly Disease?
Skin cancer is the cancer which prevails in the body of a human being because of the damaged skin cells and if no treatment is done for these non functioning skin cells then the cancer can spread like a poison inside your body. And cause serious problems. There is not only one type of skin cancer; it varies from person to person. Skin cancer has no other names like other cancers (for example: throat cancer is also called larynx cancer etc)
There is no single cause for skin cancer. It is basically distinguished by the kind of epidermal cells involved.
Some of the basic type’s kinds of skin cancer are:-
1. Basal cell carcinoma
2. Squamous cell carcinoma
These types of skin cancer are explained in details as follows:
1) Basal cell carcinoma type of skin cancer is developed due to the unusual growth of the cells in one of the layers of epidermis and it is the type of cancer which is mostly detected.
2) Squamous cell carcinoma type of skin cancer is also prest in one of the layers of epidermis and is not detected in normal cases.
The symptoms of skin cancer are as follows:
1) The shades of skin can vary.
2) The diameter can change.
3) Skin can start bleeding anytime.
Skin cancer can be treated in many different ways. Different kind of surgeries are required to cure different kinds of skin cancer but sometimes radiations may be required to cure the disease if surgeries do not help to remove the cancer from the entire body.
In general both these types of skin cancer do not spread in the entire body but another type of skin cancer called melanoma can spread and can cause serious problems. One should seek medical advice if there is any kind of extra skin growth or some sudden change in your skin as soon as possible and should not delay it because of laziness.
The various ways in which skin cancer can be prevented are as follows:
1) Avoid roaming around in the sunlight.
2) protect your skin from the sun especially during the day because in the day the sun gives most of the heat.
3) Do apply some or the sunscreen lotion which suits your skin before going out.
Prevention is always better than cure because no one can give you full guarantee if it can be cure or not because skin cancer is deadly.